1. i own two horses Jasmine and Hallie
2. Jasmine is a 16.2 oldenburg hunter and is the sassiest pony in all the land
3. Hallie is a 15.3 ottb and is the most precious horse ever<3 and my baby.
4. I ride hunter/jumpers and love the eq
5. I show on the NIHJAS and hope to do some As next year(:
6. I love my horses so much and taking care of them
7. I'm sometimes pressured and it takes a lot for me to remember that there is no such thing as perfection
8. I have a problem with lead changes. hahaha, i suck so bad at them. but jazzy takes care of me(:
9. My horse hallie, is currently recovering from a torn suspensory.
10. i can't think of anything to write on here
11. my horse jasmine likes other mares...except for walter.
12. i love just going out the barn and brushing my horses and seeing them. it can change my whole mood.
13. i really hope i don't ever stop riding
14. i wanna breed jasmine eventually to a big 18 hand hunter stallion with lots of white so i could have a pretty baby to work with. hahaha
15. i would give everything to be able to ride hallie right now. or even just sit on her back....it kills me more than i think anyone knows cause i try and pretend i don't miss her. but i do. a lot.
1. I prefer jumping on grass to jumping on surface
2. Vinnie came over from poland when he was 3
3. My first share pony was a 4 year old called Jasper
4. me and Vin are jumping at Royal Windsor this sunday at 3 in frogmore come and say hi
5. I have a riding playlist on my ipod I play when I ride and I sing to it it helps Vin relax
6. My goal is to jump at Nations Cup level
7. Mum helps me out alot when I ride at home
8. Vin and I jumped against Dan Neilson on Saturday
9. I once got knocked out on a hack and woke up in the car
10. I broke in a pony called Merry at my second riding school and I still miss him!
11. I cant ride as much now because of GCSE's boo and have dropped two subjects because of riding
12. Vinnie's been ridden by Laura Renwick
13. this is an unlucky number so I dont want to do a fact for this
14. My favourite rider style-wise is Penelope Leprovost (Seb tells me off for how I pronounce it)
15. I love one direction
1.i love both my ponies lots and lots
2.i also hate both my ponies lots and lots;)
3.harry does big bucks now, the joys..
4.i hate my lower leg when jumping
5.i struggle to keep harry going
6.harry changes colour all the time, RAINBOW PONY!
7.boundy looks tri colour at the moment, i hate stains!
8.harry is super grumpy and always trys to bite!
9.he also has a sore back!
10.boundy has COPD.
11.we soak both boys haynets, this gets you very wet and takes a longer..
12.we use shavings in their stables.
13.they both still come in other night, stupid english weather!
14.been riding since i was 9, 5 years this year!
15.i cant ride to save my life:L
1) Domino is 18 yrs old
2) He doesn't understand the concept of a Likit
3) I have really bad equitation over jumps
4) I have panic attacks when I get nervous riding, and that's usuallty the only time
5) Dom originally had a stronger bit, which cut his mouth. So we swapped it for a milder bit and put rubber rings on it, but it still cuts his mouth 'cause now he constantly leans on it
6) I had my first fall off Dom on Saturday- It was out hacking, and I was on a road. It hurt.
7) I got a 1st in my first ever showing class, and a 2nd in my first ever jumping class;3
8) I learnt the basics when riding at a riding school called Deepdene
9) I had to reteach myself when I started loaning Frankie
10) I've had 4 loans in my life.
11) I've been to 3 riding schools
12) I hate riding dainty horses, I always feel really awkward on them
13) I rode Western properly for the first time yesterday
14) Domino is actually a lot stronger than he looks
15) When jumping, 90% of the time Dom comes out of the jumps at a disunited canter:/
-I've been riding 6 years
-I do eq and hunters
-I'm on an IEA team
-I am training a 10 year old 14.1 welsh cob mare
-I did dressage for 4 years
-I like pony jumpers
-My right ankle is messed up so it naturally points perpendicular to the horses barrel
-I like to trailer up to forests to go trail riding
-I would love to try reining
-I have no wish in going to any big finals
-i have never taken a lesson on bliss
-I'm all about the horse first
-Bliss has bad back problems
-I have jumped up to 3'6"
-I work at my barn with lessons,birthday parties,feeding,riding,etc
Me: I'm real bad for hunching and I do this weird rolling thing with my back when I jump that I hate, I have a bit of a hot seat, and I sometimes get frustrated. I've evented to 95 and won, and had wins and placings at level 2 dressage as well. I consider myself to be a decent rider, but nothing special.
Petal - 18yo grey mare, 14.1hh, schoolmaster eventer and dressage horse. I evented her to 95 last year and should've won 5 of 6 events(on the dressage each time)but due to making practically every mistake possible in the jumping phases we only won one and came 4th at another. She's amazing, I can do anything with her, jumped her 1m tackless the first time I tried, she's a really special horse. I lease her from a friend
Leo - 5yo bay gelding, 15.3ish. My baby horse who I bought as an unbroken 4yo and broke in and backed mostly myself. Had him a year a couple of days ago, he's still green but learning all the time. He has a bit of a rearing issue when he gets nappy or when he's sore but we're working through it. He's just started out eventing and going awesome, love him to bits even though he's a pain in the arse sometimes.
Harry - 17hh-ish 6yo chestnut gelding, my mums horse. He's probs the most difficult horse I've ever ridden, he's not dirty or naughty exactly, but he's hot and strong and sensitive and its a bit of a mission to keep control at times! He likes to go crest high in his flatwork and is learning to jump at the moment. I think he'll be a really talented horse when he grows into his brain a bit!
So yeah, thats my life. Nothings ever boring with these 3 :L
1. I can't do that riding thing very well.
2. he has 4 legs
3. is nigs
4. the Derek Zoolander of the horsey world
5. everything he does is so Raven
6. every time I ride him it's YOLOesque
7. jumping > dressage according to him
8. he has the chest of a filly a.k.a. no chest
9. he loves strawberries
10. he loves the tears of orphans
11. he has better flatwork when I'm jumping
12. we struggle at prep dressage lolz
13. I haven't had more fun on any other horse
14. he doesn't know how to gallop
15. I've given him like a million nicknames and I use them all the time.
And because one of them is a lie (orphan tears holla)
16. I love him and he loves me when I feed him.
1. I own one pony called Polo
2. He is: 11.2hh, grey, Welsh A, around 20 years old
3. I also ride Max
4. He is: 14.2hh, grey, Irish Sports Horse, 18 years old.
5. I have a weekly half an hour jumping lesson on competition horses/ponies.
6. I have been riding since I was 4 years old, so for 13 years now.
7. I used to have absolutely no confidence at all with jumping.
8. I am very self critical of my riding.
9. I love cross country, although I don't do much of it.
10. Before owning a pony I part loaned 3 ponies and full loaned 1 pony.
11. I have also had another 2 ponies on full loan since.
12. I am currently studying for my stage 2 bhs ai exam.
13. I live 20 miles away from Polo's yard (45 minutes).
14. I hope to continue riding, constantly learning and achieving new things.
15. The end - back to physics coursework.
1. i own a 17hh bay TB sport horse , or warmblood cross named wally.
2, he was a pre-lim eventer and is full brother to woodstock, amy tyrons (rip) old horse.
3. he has an abcess right now :(
4. him and jazzy fizzle got something goinnn on ;)
5. i show mainly on the NIHJAs
6. i miss my old horse fox alot.
7. i ride in barrington
8. im a soft rider, usually too soft.
9. i ride with my hands too low
10. ive had to put down 2 horses, chance and breezie <3
11. im very emotional about riding.
12. i love wallys lead changes.
13. i have a weak right arm.
14. sometimes i do an automatic release without thinking.
15. sometimes id rather go out and groom/play with my horse then ride.
1) I've ridden since I was 3, so that's 9 years this year :)
2) I've had 5 ponies/horses of 'my own'
3) Only 2 of these five have actually been decent and not physically or mentally challenged...!!!
4) I plan to BE in the future but have only ever done 2 ODEs in my life
5) Biggest I have ever jumped is 1.20 as a single fence
6) I suffer from crippling nerves when jumping bigger than 1m05/10 but apparently I hide them very well
7) Treash is now officially classed as a veteran but still tries to kick me in the face every day when he's turned out
8) Mia has never had a days sickness/lameness since I got her last August :)
9) I cannot stand TBs. I just don't like them. No offence to anyone who loves them, they're just not my cup of tea. However I love Arabs!
10) I love drawing/painting horses, I have my own little business running
11) I once got a 9 in a dressage test :D
12) I have always been notoriously slow XC when against an optimum time.. too careful
13) HOPEFULLY MOVING YARDS SOON AND I AM SO EXCITED
14) Miss my old pony Sweep more than any of my other past ponies
15) This month marked 4 years since my first pony passed away, RIP Bertie :( (photo)
1- I was confident jumping 1.15m tracks untill about a month ago
2- I now worry too much
3- Leo is incredibly honest
4- ace likes stopping for no reason
5- Leo is a 7/8 year old new forest
6- ace is 17 year old welsh x quarter horse x arab
7- Leo's a JC
8- Ace is a JD
9- I'm hoping to qualify scope or hopefully HOYS for newcomers
10- qualified progressive newcomers and adventurer fox already this year
11- got loads of premier shows coming up
12- if you havent guessed I Showjump
13- ace likes to rear
14- I wish I could ride like Ben Maher
15- show names are Portmore Frank and Coedderw Sundance
End of top responses. View all responses »